Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Price Checker: Keep track of Grocery Price (and Computer Peripherals)

While strolling through Tesco to perform Grocery shopping, I always wonder if the Promotion is really a steal, or did the price went up or gone down for a specific item. For a newbie shopper like me, I don’t know anything about the prices, and I wanted to know if I could be a smart shopper like the "Aunties", by leveraging on technology.

Thus born the idea of Malaysia Price Checker, where we keep track of the prices of grocery, and everyone can contribute to build a better system. Now I can know what’s the expected market price for Mister Potato, or which place sold the cheapest SD Card.

Bear with us as we quietly launch the service about 2 months ago, having archived over 1000+ items; do feel free to use the platform, contribute prices if possible, and give feedbacks if you feel there are rooms for improvement (we have a whole list of work in progress).

One day, I shall be better than the aunties in price comparison :)

No comments: